2015 Seasonal Activities:
New Years Day Run:
New Years Day Run:
- Date: January 1st at 10:00am
- Location: Randolph High School Track, 511 Millbrook Avenue, Randolph NJ
- Distance: we'll jog a few miles around the track
- Add'l Info: Afterwards, we'll go to the Randolph diner for breakfast and a short club meeting.
- Date: February 21st at 9:00am
- Location: Sunday group run location - parking lot at 400 Morris Avenue, next to the Hampton Inn, Rockaway
- Distance: Group run options of 4 to 8+ miles on the roads.
- Add'l Info: Afterwards, we'll go to the Hibernia Diner for breakfast and a short club meeting. For those who just want to come to breakfast, meet us at the diner between 10:45-11:00am.
Roxbury Community Benefit 5k:
- Date: Monday, June 13th at 7:00pm
- Location: Eisenhower Middle School, 76 Eyland Avenue, Succasunna NJ 07876
- Race Director: Jim Schulz - email@example.com
- Add'l Info: The Striders host this race every year (for last 5 years). A lot Volunteers are needed to help out on race day.
- Race Website: www.roxbury5k.com
Striders XC 5k Sumer Series:
- Dates: Tuesday evenings: June 21st, July 5th, July 19th, and August 2nd at 7:00pm
- Location: Johanson FIelds 353 Powerville Road, Boonton Township NJ
- Race Director: Ken Baker - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add'l Info: The Striders host this summer series every year. Volunteers are needed to help out on race day.
Summer Pool Party:
- Date: TBA
- Location: Steve Austin's Place in Long Valley
- Add'l Info: Every year, the club hosts a summer pool party at Steve's house. PARTY consists of built-in heated pool, volleyball games, food, and lots of cold beverages. Stay tuned for more information as we approach the summer months.
- Date: Friday November ?? (TBD)
- Location: The Heritage Grille in Denville (upstairs)
- Add'l Info: Usually the first Friday in November, we'll hold this event. After dinner, we'll have a short club meeting. Then we encourage members to discuss any recent marathon experience: the good, the bad, and the ugly. Each person pays $10 towards the meal, the club will pick up the rest. Drinks and beverages will be supplied by the club.
Holiday/New Year's Eve Party:
- Date: December 31st at 7:00pm
- Location: TBD
- Add'l Info: Always a fun time!!! Every year we have a holiday/New Year's eve party at a members home. Everyone is asked to bring a food item. The Club provides the drinks, wine, and beer.